Roasted potatoes with garlic and lemon
Lemon gives a surprise kick to these crispy, garlicky roasted potatoes. Thanks to my little brother for this versatile variation.
- 2 pounds new potatoes, washed and well scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve or quarter potatoes, depending on size. Spread as single layer on baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Mix carefully to distribute seasonings.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, turning once during baking, until brown and crisp. If the potatoes are cooked through but not crisp enough, raise the heat to 450 degrees F for a few minutes to finish.
- Oven temperature is flexible – you can cook it at a lower temperature for more time or higher temperature for less time.
- Fresh rosemary would be a great add if you have it.
- These are not nearly as good left over, so go ahead and indulge while they’re fresh.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.