Watermelon agua fresca
When life gives you a mediocre watermelon, a refreshing glass of agua fresca will make you glad it did. Adapted from Food Network.
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup water (or saved watermelon juice)
- 1/4 cup sugar (could be less or more depending on your watermelon and your taste)
- Fresh mint, optional
- Lime (slices or wedges), optional
- In a blender, add watermelon, sugar and water. Blend until smooth.
- Fill glasses with ice and fill with agua fresca. Garnish with mint and/or lime.
- You can make this with other melons too, but you’ll need more water for firmer melons, and likely more sugar.
- Agua fresca doesn’t keep well, so go ahead and drink it the day you make it.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.