Flourless oatmeal lace cookies
A delicately crisp, old-fashioned cookie tasting of butter and brown sugar. Gluten-free too.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick-cook, not instant)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheets very well or line with parchment paper.
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheets, forming rough circles. Leave space in between for cookies to spread.
- Bake 9-12 minutes, until cookies spread out and cookies are golden brown. Cool a few minutes before removing. If cookies are difficult to remove even when cool, bake for another minute or two.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- For variation, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, a bit of cinnamon, or a couple of handfuls of dried fruit or chocolate chips.
- For gluten-free, check oatmeal before you purchase. Oatmeal should be gluten-free but is often processed in a facility that processes wheat or other grains with gluten.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.