A longtime favorite: peppery arugula, sweet pear, salty parmesan. I love it with my balsamic vinaigrette, or a simple drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon.
- Arugula (also known as rocket), one bunch or bag
- Ripe pear, firm but with a bit of give
- Parmesan cheese, shaved thinly
- Balsamic dressing, or extra virgin olive oil and a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry arugula. Note that arugula sold in a bunch can be sandy; best to soak in large bowl of water and agitate to allow sand to sink down. Repeat until clean. Pre-bagged arugula is usually quite clean, but it’s always good to rinse.
- Slice pear thinly.
- Dress arugula with balsamic dressing or generous drizzles of olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Toss well, adding salt and pepper if desired. Add pear slices and mix gently. Top with shavings of parmesan.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.