We made these delectably gooey sweet quesadillas in my junior high Spanish class, and it was one of my early a-ha food moments. Mild monterey jack cheese melts with brown sugar in a crisp flour tortilla to make a quick sweet treat.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Distribute monterey jack cheese evenly over one tortilla.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the cheese.
- Grill tortilla in skillet over medium-low heat. Flip when bottom tortilla begins to brown. Ready a plate; the second side cooks much faster than the first.
- Remove cooked quesadilla to plate. Cut into wedges. Serve hot.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.