To emphasize its freshness, this refreshing cocktail is served at GocHi Fusion Tapas with half a pink grapefruit and a citrus squeezer for you to finish the drink yourself. Made with a clean distilled Japanese spirit called shochu, similar to vodka but lighter in alcohol and calories.
- 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) shochu or vodka
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 grapefruit (about 1/2 cup)
- Tonic water
- Fill a highball (12-ounce) glass with ice. Add shochu/vodka, grapefruit juice, and tonic water to fill. Or skip the alcohol for a juice-and-tonic refresher.
- Iichiko is a popular and well-regarded shochu brand.
- In California and New York, shochu is sometimes labeled soju (a distilled Korean beverage) because of less restrictive regulations for soju that allow it to be sold under a beer and wine license.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.