Feta and olive lovers in my house adore a Mediterranean dip my mother-in-law buys from a local market. We usually have the ingredients to make our own at home. Use as a dip or a spread – it adds savory goodness to just about everything.
- 8 oz cream cheese (or Neufchatel cheese, Kraft’s light version)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 pieces (130 g) roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine (optional)
- If you have a food processor, add all ingredients to the bowl and pulse until combined.
- If you are mixing by hand, cut cream cheese into pieces and place in mixing bowl. Dice red peppers and add to bowl along with crumbled feta, oregano, lemon juice and garlic. Mix well with a sturdy spoon. Chop olives and capers and add to bowl. Mix well again.
- Serve as a spread with crackers or as a dip with raw vegetables or sturdy chips such as pita chips. Also great on sandwiches or bagels.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.