Old bread reincarnated into crunchy, peppery, cheesy treats. Perfect with a bowl of soup or plate of pasta.
- Good quality bread (a few days old and hard is fine)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cut bread into thick slices and lay out on baking sheet.
- Coarsely grate Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese using big holes on a box grater.
- Drizzle olive oil over bread slices.
- Sprinkle bread with pepper.
- Top bread with generous amount of grated cheese.
- Put baking sheet under broiler on high until cheese is lightly browned. Watch carefully, as the toasts burn quickly after browning.
Here’s the link back to Parmesan cheese toasts: Rescuing old bread.