A world away from instant oatmeal in taste, texture and nutritional value. A real superfood.
- Steel cut (Irish) oats – 1/4 cup per serving
- Water – 1 cup for every 1/4 cup oats
- Dried fruit
- Brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- Milk, half-and-half, cream or butter
- Place water and oats in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer. Let cook, stirring occasionally, 30-35 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Serve hot, with toppings as desired.
Slow cooker directions
- Add one cup of oatmeal to 4 cups of water.
- Cook on low for eight hours, or overnight.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.