I love a good granola, but these days I’m digging this simple mix of seeds, nuts and dried fruit on my morning yogurt. It’s nothing to assemble – no cooking! – and a great alternative for gluten avoiders. Based on the hiker’s trail mix from Berkeley Bowl, it’s just as good a snack at your desk as it is on the trail.
- 1 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container (I use a quart-sized Mason jar). Keeps well for a month at room temperature, or in freezer for longer-term storage.
- Substitutions: use roasted/salted seeds; try other nuts or dried fruits; add chocolate chips or a sprinkle of spice.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.