Breakfast of Hawaiians (rice, egg, Portuguese sausage)
The classic Hawaiian breakfast – basic but so very good. Hawaiian Portuguese sausage, garlicky and flavorful, is a variation on Portuguese linguiça.
- Linguiça (Portuguese sausage)
- Rice (ideally Japanese short-grain)
- Slice rounds of linguiça and pan fry over medium heat on both sides until browned.
- Prepare egg(s) as you like them.
- Scoop the rice with an ice cream scoop, Hawaiian-style. Add eggs and sausage and enjoy.
- Spam variation: slice and pan fry Spam instead of linguiça.
- Fried rice is also fantastic if you have it.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.