Everything my friend Edie cooks is uncomplicated, healthy and delicious. Edie delivered an enormous bowl of this fresh pasta salad after I had a baby. I ate it for days and still wanted more. I never asked her for the recipe, but it hardly needs one.
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni (another very short pasta, such as small shells or orecchiette, would also work well)
- 4-5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 T onion, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 6.5-oz can tuna, drained
- 1 4-oz can black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- Dollop of mayonnaise (approximately 1/4 cup, or to taste)
- Black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Salt water and add macaroni. Cook until al dente (do not overcook, or your salad will be mushy). Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Add chopped celery, olives, onion (if using) and mayonnaise. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or cold. Makes two hearty or four modest servings.
- Fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, basil or dill) would be a wonderful addition if you have some handy.
- Keeps well in refrigerator. Reheat or eat cold.
Here’s a link back to the post and pictures.