soap dispenser

Never-MT

25 October 2011

Of all the useful tricks in my dream kitchen, the Never-MT is the cheapest (and most goofily named). It’s the kind of gadget that seems utterly lame to kids but extremely cool to chore-burdened adults: for $10 you can be saved from endless refilling of your sink soap dispenser. It’s ingenious.

It’s not like filling the soap dispenser is hard or time consuming. But the weeks fly by, and soon you’re pumping air out of the soap dispenser again. Plus filling the container is irksome and messy, especially if like me you’re prone to accidental overfilling in an effort not to run out again so darned soon.

Never-MT is a simple kit with three feet of flexible tubing and an assortment of screw-on lids, each punched with a hole to fit the tube. Installation is easy. You pull off that woefully small plastic bottle that fits under your countertop soap dispenser. You stick one end of the flexible tubing directly to the bottom of your soap pump’s tube. You unscrew the cap from your Palmolive bottle (or whatever type of dish soap you use), find the Never-MT cap that matches, screw on the Never-MT cap and feed the other end of the flexible tube down to the bottom of the soap bottle.

That’s it. Throw the small bottle away. Now your soap pump above your countertop pulls directly out of your Palmolive bottle sitting below your sink. Refills begone!

My giant jug of dish soap from Costco lasts forever. It took two years before I had to change it. It is so buried back in my under-sink jungle that I had quite a cleaning project to take these pictures. But I wanted to share it with you, since you are probably not the kind of kitchen nerd I became when I built my dream kitchen. You have to explore the GardenWeb kitchen forums – which I did from midnight to 2:00 a.m. for months on end – to find out about stuff like this. That fantastic community knows everything.

My DIY GardenWeb friends would say you can buy the tubing at Home Depot and punch a hole in the dish soap cap yourself. But for $10 I think it’s pretty great just to get the kit in the mail. Of course you have to pay shipping, so if you’re a frugal chinese grandma type, you’ll find a few friends or relatives and use the buy-three-get-one-free offer at this place, and the four of you can split the shipping fee.

Never-MT would be an amusing stocking stuffer for the honey-do person in the household. Filling the soap container may be a small chore, but it’s nice to take one off the list for good.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Caroline @TheOliveOrchard 25 October 2011 at 11:27 am

This product speaks to me! I just sent the link to my sweet, absent-minded husband. Hope he remembers come holiday time…if I can manage to wait, that is. Thanks for sharing!

cg 25 October 2011 at 10:38 pm

hi caroline – it’s silly how much i love this little convenience. i hope you do too!

Asianmommy 26 October 2011 at 6:57 pm

Very cool! My husband has been wanting to get something like this.

CW 9 June 2013 at 10:49 am

We have the exact same Delta soap dispenser that no longer fits the 3 cm granite countertop and undermount sink because there isn’t enough to thread the bottle. Could the Never-MT work for this situation? How does the dispenser above the sike keep in place and not wiggle around?

Thanks.

cg 10 June 2013 at 1:43 am

hi cw – if the dispenser is installed well, it shouldn’t move – the soap bottle doesn’t do anything to hold it. Never-MT works by providing tubing that attaches to the straw portion of the dispenser pump and leads down to a big soap bottle that sits on the floor of your undersink cabinet. so if your problem is that the soap bottle won’t attach, Never-MT should be a great solution for you. hope that was that clear? good luck!

Elizabeth 10 November 2013 at 10:48 am

just ordered 4 of these – I am giving them to my girlfriends! how can something so small give so much joy??????

delia 9 January 2015 at 8:27 am

Love this idea, going to Costco to get me some dish soap. Where did you get the extra long tube? thanks

cg 9 January 2015 at 11:04 am

hi delia – i think you can buy the tubing at home depot – bring your pump handle so you make sure the tubing fits snugly. you’ll also want to find a plastic cap that will fit your costco soap bottle and punch a hole in it to fit the tubing through. or just buy the never-MT product if this all seems like too much trouble. 😉 good luck!

AZWildcat93 15 February 2015 at 10:23 pm

The problem with just buying plastic tubing at the hardware store is that the distance from the pump to the soap has to be pumped back up after gravity drops it down – think 20 pumps. The MT product is supposed to have a one-way valve that would prevent this.

My wife who is tired of having to pump the soap back up thinks a valve would be great.

cg 16 February 2015 at 3:33 am

hi azwildcat93 – great point! you are absolutely right, i don’t have to pump the soap back up with the never mt. your wife would definitely appreciate it. 20 pumps every time?! thanks so much for sharing back!

Scott S 31 July 2015 at 10:28 pm

I bought this for less than $20 at http://www.amazon.com/shops/never-mt

cg 31 July 2015 at 11:01 pm

great tip scott – thanks for sharing!

Joyce Girton 31 July 2016 at 5:57 am

I already have a soap dispenser, does your gadget fit any soap dispenser? It is impossible to refill the dispenser bottle because the sink is so deep. Thanks

cg 3 August 2016 at 1:21 pm

hi joyce, it should fit any normal dispenser – the tubing runs from the pump to the soap bottle, and it comes with different sized caps to fit any soap bottle that you buy (the caps have a hole for the tubing).

Joyce Girton 31 July 2016 at 8:05 am

How do I order?

cg 3 August 2016 at 1:23 pm

hi joyce – here’s a source…http://custominserts-store.stores.yahoo.net/nevsoapandlo.html. good luck!

Joy 1 May 2017 at 8:51 am

Hi..
I love this,
But how do I order this ?
because they have not included Kenya in their list of shipping..

cg 1 May 2017 at 11:21 am

hi joy – this site also sells the product and takes international orders; you just need to email/call for a quote on shipping. another option is just to make one yourself – if you can purchase flexible tubing that will fit the pump straw, that’s all you really need. at the soap container end, you just need to punch a hole in the lid to fit the tubing through. good luck!